Mine Eye Has Seen The Glory (A 21 Gun Salute) by Donna Surles
1. it seems .as if. I have lived in dumpsters with you while other peoples shit rolled off our backs like water for the living not past our prime yet
2. all day long then we sang our songs of the living death laughing tears, banishing one another to the darkness of each others soul
3. after I tasted sour mash whiskey that reminded me of the taste of your kiss that happened once to me while I was slashing my writes because of something you said.
4. after you admitted to the lie that I lived for after I died for you as the moon collided with the sun coming back for me not again I am still dead.
5. after you sang a song to me from the ancient tome of the demon, demon songs repeat endlessly reminding me of our sacrifice.
6. after we danced dance danced and are still dancing around the subject the camellias trampled underfoot betray the meaning. You speak of communion and catharsis like you know what they mean. Practicing religion like a madman does not make you pure. Only women bleed.
7. after the war zone was rezoned for the living you denied that time was the master of destiny. I cried for them ~the unknowing~ still trapped in your magic dance.
8. after I again bring to you my confession I will lie I will lie and you won't know because you have already relinquished the right to see that my pain is not distress I laugh in your face because I and only I chose to embrace you in all your .filth. and derision.
9. after I lost friends lost you near the highway that you told me to avoid I crawl along the pavement searching for the wasted days and wasted nights that held the answers to the questions that you avoided and made me find my own answers. Some of them correct some of them undeniably Wrong. Wrong.
10. after I listened to the music that you suggested I found that you only knew half the story I found my own way in my own music Sia Beth taught me strength not to be confused with force like you "forced" me to be alone alone with you alone with myself dancing with myself with you me I am You are Me.
11. after I forgive you I said I did I forgave you but I only half meant it. Your duplicity Your obsession with the anti-christ trying to fool me by wearing his clothes but I knew I knew I had seen him before and he was not you. The priest told me told me and told me again that I should trust the Magus. The magic man that had deciphered the clues and codes but was hiding them from me. Yes, the priest told me all that. So I knew.
12. after you looked into my eyes and yelled you denied that you saw God. but you know.
13. after all this time I say I don't love you anymore but I do. I can't help it It is my curse. oh jesus you hang so near and yet so far away it is my curse.
14. after I lie to you do you believe I still love you? I do.
15. after we decipher this missive of grand design that the daughters of Zion forced upon us because they knew they knew who we are. we will then be whole together or apart no matter.
16. after super strings and quantum foam tie us up and lubricate us burning our retinas so that maybe we will not have to look not have to see the damage that we have already done volcanoes earthquakes oil spills the list goes on. to ~the creator~ I realized you were unaware of my presence of my devotion/adoration of my disappointment of my predicament. Two worlds collided for an instant that morphed into a lifetime.
17. after I sing with my friends my few perfect friends the nouvelle vague I dance with my friends in the morning hearing and seeing a new world before our eyes that reflects the perfect vision broken busted bottled our lips denied the drink.
18. after I have gathered the ten thousand of the chosen who know who feel the burn the sting of the perfect love the path of the visionary will open and you will have to stand back and let us pass over you into your eyes your lips your soul.
19. after We resurrect (y)our love you will appreciate the open window the breeze gathering your hair up into the ascension, the rapture ringing from every bell tower. my story will be complete.
20. after I am recognized as the bride of christ sacred yes scared and scarred. bent broken bottled my blood for sale on the open market only then will you admit that you gazed into my eyes and gave me life.
21. After I spun you around down down... falling slowly free falling I found the capsule you left behind. you left behind a legacy for the free world and the words said "Remain in the tube. Please don't touch the electric wires wrapped around the tube. They are only there for your protection." In a roundabout way the game commences The checkmate of the ages is at hand The ages of sunlight The ages of moonshine Are alight Are all right In this king’s queen. Running faster every day Unlocking open doors Stacking the cards Hiding the evidence. I'm alive again.
©Donna Surles 06.11.10 (edited 05.11.11)